Porcelain veneers can be an excellent choice if you are seeking a smile makeover. Veneers can help you worry less about your smile’s appearance and help you smile without hiding your teeth. What will you do if veneers lose their original color and appear stained? Is it possible to whiten those veneers? With the help of a cosmetic dentist it is possible to provide a long-lasting solution for your veneers. In our previous blog, we have explained 5 reasons you are a good candidate for veneers in El Paso. If you want to learn more about how to whiten veneers, read the article to the end.
3 Factors Your Veneers in El Paso Can Become Discolored:
- Drinking caffeinated and pigmented beverages or foods can wear down the porcelain glazing.
- Due to the dental injury, the natural tooth beneath becomes discolored and stained. It can darken and discolor veneers in El Paso.
- Over the years, receding gums can cause veneer discoloration.
7 Ways to Whiten Porcelain Dental Veneers in El Paso:
According to the cosmetic dentist near you in El Paso, there are several ways to whiten your veneers.
- Brush with non-abrasive polishing toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- It would help if you avoided tooth-whitening toothpaste containing bleach and substances like baking soda. These will mainly work on front teeth veneers and not cover the entirety of the mouth.
- Always brush your teeth after consuming pigmented food and beverages to avoid food staining. Also, you must control the consumption of acidic and sugary drinks as they can break down the porcelain dental veneers in El Paso and increase the chance of gum problems.
- Smoking can severely affect the purpose of getting veneers in the first place. Apart from porcelain discoloration, quitting smoking has many other benefits. It reduces the chances of colon cancer, stroke, heart conditions, rheumatoid arthritis, and helps you avoid many more ailments.
- Professional teeth cleaning will also cleanse tartar and plaque buildup and reduce yellowish stains. Schedule cleaning twice a year to ensure long-lasting oral health.
- A weekend dentist in El Paso will suggest that you must replace your veneers after about six years to maintain their original luster. It is not wise to use DIY whitening kits to whiten veneers; instead, you must seek the help of a professional.
- Maintaining proper dental hygiene can make a significant difference while following cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Who is the Best Dentist Near You in El Paso?
Visit our dentist near you in El Paso and give yourself a smile makeover can naturally boost your confidence. You can customize and select veneers based on your teeth’s natural color, shape, and size.
If you are interested in availing the services of the finest cosmetic dentistry in El Paso, Dr. Jake R. Williams and the team at Agave Dental Care. They will provide you with high-quality dental care at an affordable cost. Dr. Jake R. Williams is well known for his compassionate, caring, and efficient methods. Dr. Jake R. Williams has practiced various general, cosmetic, implant, and pediatric dentistry procedures. If you would like to know more, schedule a consultation or call us at (915) 755-7697 or (915) 833-0303 to contact our northeast or westside offices respectively.